Raw Fitness

Sunday, July 16, 2006

A 6 month experiment...

Still going strong on the fruit detox/raw food vegan program. I think I am going to give it a full 6 month trial. I have a larger scope of reasoning as to why I am doing this and why I started doing it... however, I would rather not divulge everything here- there are some personal reasons. If you want more info... email me. I know I am going to get a lot of crap for doing this... but we'll see how I am feeling in a month or 2. I will also be doing some blood work in maybe a month to see if anything has changed- good or bad- from this type of eating. It doesn't hurt to experiment. And this way of eating is 49584958 times healthier (even though it may seem restrictive to some) than the standard American diet. The other thing is that I rarely do anything without researching it to death.

However, I got to thinking... my 3 dogs now eat better than I had been... One of my clients is very into holistic vet and naturopathic people stuff and she told me about feeding her dogs human grade food. I had read about it in the past, but began researching it further. Stumbled onto this site (which led to many other sites and books). Lots of good info there. Anyway... I have been making my dogs food for about 6 months. They LOVE to eat now. I can't scoop it out fast enough for them... their coats are so smooth and shiny... they are extremely healthy. Better than all the nasty stuff they put in even the most 'natural' dog food. I don't feed them raw meat though. That is the only thing I don't do. But I blend or chop up tons of veggies and eggs (sometimes raw, sometimes cooked) and meat, along with flaxseed oil, ground flaxseed, some cottage cheese or powdered egg shells for calcium.

So while I was thinking of doing a detox... I remembered my dogs were eating healthier than I was... and there is just something wrong with that picture. No chemical or 'sugar free' stuff in their food. Just pure veggies and protein, which is what they would eat in the wild... which is how humans should be eating for optimum health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home