Raw Fitness

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Soooo over it...

figure competitions that is... In June I went to Miami to do a huge national competition with one of my clients/friends. After torturing myself to the point of absolute physical and mental meltdown, I just really decided I was totally repulsed by that scene. I was just like what the hell??? What is the point of this stupidity? The women were sooooooo buff and soooo pretty, but uuuuuuughgghghgh... I just decided I was so over it. I cut way back on reading fitness competitor and bodybuilding message boards and blogs. I basically quit reading that stuff- but I confess I do check in to my favorites maybe once a week.

THIS basically describes the scene I finally decided I was sick of... I don't think many people understand this world. It is basically an eating disorder contest that you can really get sucked into and almost think it is 'normal' to exist that way.

Anyway... I am now trying to eat for health instead of eating to look a certain way. Those 2 roads are VERY different. Granted you CAN be healthy on a non-starvation competition type high protein diet. My bloodwork shows that I was very healthy. Just that I was doing it for the wrong reasons. And mentally competition mode is very destructive.

Anyway... I digress. I just found that link today and it kinda illustrated my reasons for taking the path I am on now.

Still 99% vegan. I was cheating a little with junk, but over the past couple days I have decided to clean it up 100% again. I have cut back on workouts. Doing about 4-5x a week instead of about 10x a week. I did have a soda today, but it was my only one in a couple weeks or more. I didn't even really like it or want it. I just needed something to drink when I was out and about. Starting tomorrow, I will go ultra clean vegan again for a few more weeks.

Other than that.... crazy busy as ever. Bought 2 new cars in less than 2 months. That sucked... hate the process. Still working a TON on my upcoming business venture. Lots of clients are still on vacation so my training schedule is a little light so I can work more on the new biz.

Naturaopath appt was good. She did say that the massive skin breakout was from detoxing and she was not opposed to my current diet, however she did recommend adding in lean meats and whole grains at some point, which I am not wanting to do now. She WAS very impressed that I changed my diet and chemical (aspartame, processed food) intake so drastically. I brought her my last blood tests taken in May. She was a little confused as she thought it was taken AFTER I cleaned up my diet. I was like no- that was when I was eating all protein and a bunch of chemicals/soda/sugar free everything. She asked me that 2x. Which goes to show you can be healthy and fine on a radical diet. It is better than the crap 90% of everyone else eats. Anyway, I think I am going to try accupunture. Never done it before and want to try it.

Went shooting at an outdoor range today- had to go super early as I had clients starting at 10am. A client and her fiance and Mike and me went. OMG it was so fun. I was really scared at first- never been around guns before- other than my dads antique display unloaded guns that hung on a wall, but I shot several different guns. With the maniac serial rapist and killer on the loose, I have surveyed everyone I know and train just out of curiosity... I think I may be the only one who does not own a gun in AZ. So I am researching it and will be purchasing one soon. I got to try my friends 22 and a 9mm and a shot gun and another big ass shot gun- I am gun retarded and have no idea of all the lingo. I am going to go gun shopping and may get a Conceal Carry permit. We'll see. Also arranging a women's self-defense class for my clients and their friends/family in September. That should be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home